My name is Colin Johnson, and I teach young children and the adults who care for them. With expertise in child development and early childhood education, I offer a wide range of consulting services, including professional development, parent workshops, content creation for young children, curriculum review, and more. I received my MA in Child Development from Tufts University, and I served as a Head Teacher and Director of Special Programs at Stanford University’s Bing Nursery School.
I have planned and facilitated workshops with educators and parents from around the world about a variety of topics, including
- principles of play-based education,
- high-quality teacher-child interactions,
- research in child development,
- facilitating conflict resolution,
- guiding challenging play,
- technology and young children, and
- supporting scientific thinking in early childhood.
Please contact me about your needs related to these and other topics.
View my CV or review a sample of workshop titles and writing samples.